I’m heading back to work tomorrow, so I’ve been busy trying as mean crock pot meals as possible. Y’all know I’m obsessed with my crock pot. I’m going to attempt to do a week or two worth of freezer meals this weekend to make life a tad easier on the husband and I during our busy work weeks. Keep in mind I have a Hamilton Beach Set and Forget 6-Quart Slow Cooker that I use so I can turn it on, and leave it. Seriously, it’s a Godsend! That being said I tried out these 6 crock pot recipes and I give them a thumbs up. I did make modifications to a few of them to give them a tad more flavor. I found all of these on Pinterest and have them pinned to the Get in My Belly board on my Pinterest profile.
2. Taco Soup from the Raleigh Food Examiner – I used 2 packages of taco seasoning (One Chipotle flavor, one Regular) just to give it a little extra something.
3. Skinny Clam Chowder from MyHealthyEatingHabits.com – No modifications necessary. My husband said this was better than any clam chowder he has ever had, even from a restaurant!
4. Crockpot Lasagna Soup from FamilyFreshMeals.com – This needed a little something to give it a kick. I substituted a can of the diced tomatoes for a can of Rotel. Also, be sure to brown the meat before you include it (just seemed smooshy (yes that’s a word) without browning) and add salt/pepper while browning. A dash of Italian Seasoning wouldn’t hurt either.
5. Apple Pie Pork Chops from a PinchofLime.com – I used an entire can of apple pie filling at the bottom of the crock pot. I also cooked it for 6.5 hours on low, anything more would have burnt the chops. Then, I warmed up another can of pie filling on the stove top, when we were ready to eat, to serve with the chops. I have to say, these were AWESOME!!!
6. Chicken n’ Dumplings from Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife – This was a close to my mother’s chicken n’ dumplings I’ve ever found. I put a few extra biscuits on the top b/c that’s my favorite part!! 🙂
So there you have it, six new recipes you can possibly put into rotation at your house. Let me know if you try them out and you make any modifications. I love to change things up in recipes to give them more flavor! Any crock pot recipes you want to share? Comment below. Love me a new crock pot recipe to try!!