If you know me, you know that I love tacos. We could have tacos for dinner every single night of the week and I wouldn’t have an issue with it. So it should come as no surprise to you that I’m providing you with a recipe for something that involves tacos. Bascially this IS tacos, sans the tortillas. But I like to call it “Taco Salad”.
Here’s what you need for a family of 4:
- 1lb of ground beef
- 1 bag of Tostito chips (I like the “Hint of Pepper Jack” flavor, my mom prefers “Hint of Lime”)
- 1 bag of shredded lettuce (yep I’m too lazy to shred it myself)
- 2 or 3 chopped tomatoes
- Shredded Cheese (I like sharp cheddar or the mexican blend in the bag)
- A jar of salsa
- 8oz Sour Cream
- Diced Avacados (optional)
- 1 packet of Old Elpaso Chipotle Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 packet of Old Elpaso Taco Seasoning (Regular (Mild))
Brown your meat like you usually would – after its browned and drained, add the entire packet of Old Elpaso Chipotle Seasoning (I’m obsessed with this seasoning) and 1/2 of a packet of the Regular Old Elpaso Taco Seasoning. I always eyeball the water to mix the meat/seasoning but you can follow the directions on the packet and use 1/2 or less of the water for the second packet.
Here comes the fun part – grab a handful of tostitos and drop them in your plate/bowl you plan to pile everything into and use your hands and crush the chips. THEN build your taco salad. I throw on the shredded lettuce, cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, salsa, and avadaco. Mix it up and you are ready to go!
See, so easy! I bet kids would love to crush up the chips and add whatever they’d like in there. So yummy, fun, and most of all, its ready in like 20 minutes. How’s that for a fast weeknight dinner.
Any other fun taco recipes you’d like to share?